DIY Solid Lotion Bar
Between swimming in the pool and fussing in the garden, I find myself constantly slathering on lotion. These homemade lotion bars are so convenient – I have plenty, they work great, and I know every ingredient that went into it because I put them there.
This is a perfect project if you are a DIY beginner. All you need to do is measure the ingredients, melt, and pour into a mold. Done! You can't really go wrong with this one.
Homemade Lotion Bars
Lemon balm infused avocado oil (Vanilla infused Jojoba Oil is another favorite!) Check out our lemon balm and vanilla oil infusion recipes!
I use this silicone mold so they're really easy to pop out when they've set. I like this size because the bars are small enough to fit perfectly into little tins and small hands. Also- mini things are just cuter.
- 2 TBSP cocoa butter
- 2 TBSP shea butter
- 2 TBSP mango butter
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 TBSP lemon balm infused avocado oil (Vanilla infused Jojoba Oil is another favorite!)
***Check out our lemon balm, calendula and vanilla oil infusion recipes!
- 5 TBSP beeswax
- 20 drops therapeutic grade essential oil (I used geranium and clary sage for this round)
- Chop up your butters if they are solid and you're having a hard time measuring them. It won't be the end of the world if you're a little off here.
- Put all ingredients (minus essential oils) in a heat safe glass bowl over a small pot with a couple of inches of water. This makes a double broiler so nothing gets scorched by the heat. I like using a Pyrex glass measuring bowl so it's easy to pour into molds but any glass bowl will work.
- Simmer and stir until everything is melted. The beeswax will take a little while.
- Remove from heat and add your favorite essential oils.
- Pour into prepared silicone molds.
- Allow your new lotion bars to set for a few hours in a cool location. They will will pop right out once cooled.
I store mine in little 2 oz tins around the house so they're always handy! This recipe makes roughly 10 .5oz lotion bars.
You may also be interested in:
As a side note - as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. However, I'll only recommend things I love and have personally tested and can vouch for!